Re: Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...

To: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 11:24:38 -0500
On 2012-11-12, at 11:08 AM, Cqtestk4xs@aol.com wrote:

> Nice idea, but the majority of the really terrible stuff is done by guys
> who don't sign their call....tuning up, or pretending to be the DX station,
> or  some kind of intentional interference.  We've all done the wrong VFO
> thing  and sent our call on the DX stations freq.  That is easily identified
> but
> not the main problem.
>
> As far as a bad guy list...what's to stop someone from sending yours or my
> call over and over on the station, thereby getting us on the bad guy list.
> Maybe it is someone you or I supposedly POed in the past, or maybe the guy
> is  just plain nuts and used our calls at random.
>
> The problem in the 60s and 70s was mostly stupidity and traffic cops.   I
> agree it's gotten much worse than that now.

Hi Bill,

I thought of that, believe me, and have come to the conclusion that the very
same idiots who deliberately jam DX-peditions are most likely simply frustrated
by the fact that they never made it into the DX station log on their first
call---so they'll "legitimately" continue to attempt to make a QSO, and in
their "enthusiasm" to do so would, in all liklihood, NOT be adverse to calling
out of turn, calling blind, etc. etc. etc.

In other words, they would eventually be caught & listed.

Yes, EVERYONE has called on the wrong VFO, etc. That's why I place emphasis on
REPEATED transgressions, and NOT "one off" incidents...

As for some lout deliberating pirating your call sign & getting you
blacklisted, you're absolutely correct: there would have to be some sort of a
legitimate appeals process in order that one might "clear" one's call...but
again, these are only thought starters as to possibilities. The only SURE thing
right now is that certain fools on the air are robbing both DX-peditions and
legitimate DX'ers from pleasure in this hobby, and that is NOT right. Yet there
has been little, to no, relief in sight to date...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ