Re: Topband: Fading out - fading in - was:Outing The Scofflaws...

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Fading out - fading in - was:Outing The Scofflaws...
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 15:49:50 -0500
On Tue, 2012-11-13 at 20:25 +0000, Dave Heil wrote:
> I agree with John.  Some of this stuff is accidental.  Some is from lack
> of experience and some, of course, is malicious.  It isn't really new
> but there is more of it now than before.
>
> 73,
>
> Dave K8MN

Hi,

Tree has given us a hint that the "outing" thread has run it's course. I
wonder, if there really is "more of it now than before", it's because
more radios have been built with 160 meters included than there were for
a long time. I'm relatively new on 160 and I have two *OLD* transmitters
with the band and one, later solid state radio that was built presumably
after the severe restrictions were removed from top band. Three or four
boat anchors and a solid state (hybrid) rig from the 'in between' years
do NOT include 160. Maybe there are just more hams on 160 because there
are more rigs available with 160. Too bad there aren't more antennas for
top band available (grin).

73,

Bill  KU8H

Trying to stay out of the way