Re: Topband: QRP/Poor antenna stations ARRL160

To: "DAVID CUTHBERT" <telegrapher9@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: QRP/Poor antenna stations ARRL160
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 17:14:11 -0500
I made roughly 40-50 sporadic contacts using a 1939 Meissner VFO at 5-6W and a 1934 National FB-XA, didnt even log them. Nothing spectacular since I wasnt interested in staying up past 10PM (-; Antenna was the inverted vee at 180'; it was too early for the vertical based on a few A:B listenings. The Beverages with a BCB filter helped the very basic mixer (no RF stage) front end considerably.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "DAVID CUTHBERT" <telegrapher9@gmail.com>