Re: Topband: Beverage on Ice

To: Roger Parsons <ve3zi@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage on Ice
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 17:10:51 -0500
Hi Roger,

So very sorry to learn of your mobility issues there with that broken leg...!

Personal mobility---or, rather, the LACK thereof!---is something that I have
come to know only all too well here, what with my dual knee replacements of
2013.

Just a personal thought, or two, from me here: I would think that that
"...laid-atop-the-ice" antenna that you'e proposing would behave like a BOG
antenna---and for that reason, I think I would rather have it insulated with
plastic along its entire length, rather than relying solely upon an enamel
coating to serve as its insulation.

Anyway, FWIW!

Stay warm, and RECOVER ASAP, Roger...

~73!~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ