Re: Topband: Coax for Top-band beverage antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Coax for Top-band beverage antenna
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 17:18:41 -0400
Kevin et all
(follow up to a post earlier this week)

I am in the process of building some RG6 BOG's ( where the "antenna" and the feed line are both RG6)  and happen have a brand new 500' role of Southwire RG6 type CM/CL . 18ga copper clad steel center conductor 100% Aluminum foil/60% aluminum braid

I measured the loss with a 75ohm load and 33ohm load (~2:1vswr) with the following results

75 ohm load 4.5db (.9db/100 feet)
33 ohm load 8db loss (1.6db/100 feet)

This is about as cheap as it gets at $40/500ft or $.08/foot. This was purchased at my local big box builder supply

Equipment used : HP E4433B generator and Boonton 92A RF Voltmeter

Dave
NR1DX

PS: so far the Bogs are working quite well but still tweaking, full report when I am done PPS: if you want loss numbers for other frequencies (80 & 40) drop me a private email