Re: Topband: N5J Live Stream?

To: "jim@audiosystemsgroup.com" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>, GEORGE WALLNER <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: N5J Live Stream?
From: Wes Stewart via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2024 00:31:52 +0000 (UTC)
 Hi George,
Thanks for the info on the generators.  MY EU2000 just sits and the gas goes
bad, despite the additives.  The EU22i looks really nice, except it's a Euro
model (230V 50 Hz) but fuel injected.  The US version (120V 60 Hz) is still
carbureted. If it had EFI I'd buy one.
You must hear okay, you worked my peanut whistle, 500W and L-loaded 55' foot
vertical over a sparse radial field.  More remarkable, I heard you through the
garbage that I believe is from the water coop pumping station a couple of
blocks away.  They are using some variable-frequency motors and attendant drive
electronics.  I got them to shut the pumps off once and it made no difference
so I'm working to educate their tech guy and he's promised to turn everything
off as a test, but not until the WX is below 100F.
Before anyone suggests a directive RX antenna, the pumps are almost on the same
heading you are.
73,  Have fun,
Wes  N7WS

    On Sunday, August 11, 2024 at 12:52:17 PM MST, GEORGE WALLNER