wiretalk

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: wiretalk
From: w2up@voicenet.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 14:33:59 +0000
Hi all - After just replacing an 80 m sloper nailed by the guy who
cuts my grass, I noticed a lot of rust on the wire, which has been up
about 5 years.

I've been using a #14 stranded (7 strands) copper clad, purchased
from RF Connection of MD. Is it lousy copper plating, rubbing of the
strands as they flap in the breeze, or something else?

Has anyone had good, long term success with stranded copper-clad wire?
Or should I stick with the solid stuff, as unwieldy as it is to work
with, in the future?

Tnx/Barry
--
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@voicenet.com