[TowerTalk] Room For Shorty Above TH11

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Room For Shorty Above TH11
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (AA1K jon zaimes)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 09:42:17 -0500 (EST)
At 10:55 PM 4/2/97 -0500, you wrote:

>     I've seen them stacked with as little as 6-7 feet between them.  The
>biggest thing you'll see as they get closer together is that the SWR's will
>go up they get closer.  I don't have any idea what's happening to the
>pattern.
Worth modeling to find out; I did this for my 204BA and Wilson 4-el. 15m
yagi 6 years ago and found  the patterns suffered at anything less than
about 18 feet.

>     My favorite trick with the (stupid) aluminum boom support for the 402CD
>is to mount it UNDERNEATH the antenna.  Much easier to install and you can
>push the boom up higher than you would otherwise.

Interesting trick! But I don't think the supports have as much strength in
that configuration. I'd just throw them away and use some Phillystran on top.

73/Jon AA1K