[TowerTalk] Gap Vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gap Vertical
From: n3hrt@eagle1.eaglenet.com (Martin Gary)
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 02:35:27 -0400
Hello,

A week or so ago I posted a message asking about Verticals. I just
wanted to thank everyone for responding. I must have gotten 50 or so
responces. You were all very helpfull.
In case you were wondering. I decided to get the R-7000 because it is
built better than the Gap and its probably the best looking of all of
the verticals.

Thanks again, and God bless.
Martin - N3HRT

By the way....you know that bird poop is very acidic which would etch
hills and valleys in the alluminum of your antenna. This would make the
electrons go farther to get to ends of the elements, which would make
the antenna electrically longer... I wonder if I should cut a little off
the ends of my elements every year to compensate for it.....