[TowerTalk] Another foldover question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Another foldover question
From: psoper@donedeal.encore.com (Pete Soper)
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 13:17:28 -0400
Hi,
        When I crank my foldover up, if I don't restrain it with a rope it
"falls" the last few degrees until it's vertical, slapping the tower with the
boom. This is nonhabit forming :-) I adjusted the guys to make the tower
exactly vertical and wonder if this was an error. Perhaps arranging for a tiny
bit of lean in the direction that it folds down would help, or is there some
other scheme to address this?
        For those who wonder if I'm checking for a hyphen in "anal
retentive", I failed to mention that my current hinge bolts are grade 5 zinc
plated, not galvanized. It took a while to realize that I've set myself up
for grief if/when the hinge rusts. This is why I'm trying to determine if the
proper bolts are stainless steel (or galvanized).

Regards,
Pete
KS4XG