[TowerTalk] Cable break on MARB 550 US Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cable break on MARB 550 US Tower
From: friday@ccnet.com (Jack)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 19:18:28 -0700
Has anyone ever had a cable break on the raising/lowering mechanism on a
US Tower MARB 550 Motorized crankup or similar tower?  I had mine come
crashing down on Saturday, when I installed a new yagi and started to
raise it up.  It crashed from about the 45 to 50 ft. level and smashed
the bearing plate at the bottom of the tower.  All else seems ok
visually.  The 3 sections are fully nested now and my question is what
do I do now?  Is re cabling something I can do on site?  Do I have to
get US Tower to do this repair or what?  Help.
Thanks,
Jack