[TowerTalk] Climbing Alone

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Climbing Alone
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 19:33:59 -0600
Good words, Dave!

May I add something:

1.  Be sure your are physically fit before climbing.  Back in the spring,
for one of my first climbs of the year I climbed the club's 80 ft tower.
When I reached the top, I didn't realize how out of breath I was.  Just
after I belted in, a wave of dizziness set in.  I had to sit there a few
minutes until I was sure it passed.  Since then, I have kept to either a
running or walking regimen to make sure that never happens again.

2.  Try to keep one tower face clear of hardware and projections.  Use it as
your climbing side.

73,
Dale, KG5U