[TowerTalk] Putting a wire into Trees

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Putting a wire into Trees
From: n8ug@juno.com (Press W Jones)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 23:01:02 EST
Dennis, we've had a demo of the slingshot-reel combo on our display at
dozens of hamfests over the last 5 years as a conversation piece. It is
the most talked about thing on our tables and the comments range
from,"neat idea," "have used it for years," "easiest, cheapest, safest,
most effective, most fun, etc," to, "I prefer my bow and arrow but lose a
lot of arrows," and on and on. To summarize, a rough estimate would be at
least 10 to one in favor of the "wrist rocket and reel." The archers are
more vehement, but I get the feeling that they are defensive, being very
proud of their skill and expensive equipment, as well they should be.
About $15 or less at K-Mart for the whole oufit is pretty hard to beat
for the budget-minded amateur!
Several side notes - have seen pictures and heard the "brag tape" of a
few cross-bow experts, "potato gun" artists, and one catapult. And then
there was the guy who had a cast on his hand - he wouldn't confess, but
his buddy confided that he used to use the B&A approach but probably
wouldn't any more.
Good luck!
Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC 29356
use n8ug@juno.com or (864) 895-4195 for tech help
orders only use 800-727-WIRE(9473) or cqwire@juno.com
http://www.thewireman.com
THE WIRE LINE(http://thewireman.com/wireline.html)