[TowerTalk] Putting a wire into Trees

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Putting a wire into Trees
From: n8ug@juno.com (Press W Jones)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 14:53:04 EST
Sorry Dick - I should have been more explicit. The "Wrist Rocket" is one
of a number of names applied to wire frame, surgical tubing sling shots
and a wrist leverage device that have proliferated in the sports market
in the last 5-10 years, and are found at K Mmart, Walmart, etc, etc
around the country at $5 to $15 a copy, for the most part. I have been in
areas where they aren't sold due to local protecionist laws.
The casting reel is found at the same stores - needs to be free running
with no drag. Most of them are about $5 - no need for a super quality or
fancy brand. Two small stainless "worm" clamps attach the reel to the
sling shot frame, and a bag of small sinkers supplies the ammunition(
you'll probably lose a few). Practice ammo is small stones of similar
size and weight, to get the feel and skill required. Assembly is a cinch
- just attach the reel so that it doesn't get in the way, and according
to whether you are a "lefty" or not. Most users pull up a light line such
as the 3/32" black dacron with the casting line, and then pull the
antenna wire with the rope.
The obvious precautions apply, and will indicate why we don't sell them -
we just pass on the idea because ....IT WORKS!
73
Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC 29356
use n8ug@juno.com or (864) 895-4195 for tech help
orders only use 800-727-WIRE(9473) or cqwire@juno.com
http://www.thewireman.com
THE WIRE LINE(http://thewireman.com/wireline.html)

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998 00:38:52 -0500 "\"Dick
Green\"."<dick.green@valley.net> writes:
>Some of us have never seen this demo -- can you tell us more about it?
>Is it a product of yours or something that anyone can build?
>
>73, Dick, WC1M
<snip>