[TowerTalk] Need information on Glen Martin Hazer

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need information on Glen Martin Hazer
From: chilesp@intrepid.net (Pat Chiles)
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 17:15:25 -0500
I have spent most of the winter trying to decide on what type of new tower
I would buy.  I had pretty much decided on a crank-up/tilt-over until I read
some of the comments in the TowerTalk archives.  I am now looking at a 70-80
foot Rohn 45G with the Glen Martin Hazer on it.  I am not much of a climber
and the tower will also serve me during my retirement years when I probably
wouldn't want to climb much anyway.

I would much appreciate some comments from hams who have experience with the
type of Hazer I am looking at.  I am especially interested in the following:

        a.  How do you safely deal with the guy wires while cranking the
            antenna up?

        b.  How is feedline strain relief done?

        c.  Will it handle a separate 4 el for 10M, 15M, and 20m?

Any other comments would be appreciated.

Thanks and 73s,

Pat, K8PC
                                             |Life is always walking up to  |
                                    /\       |us and saying, "Come on in the|
          """                     /   \      |living is fine", and what do  |
        [ o o ]            /\   /      \     |we do?  Back off and take it's|
        \  V  /          /   \/         /\   |picture.  -Russell Baker-     |
Pat Chiles       Internet: Chilesp@intrepid.net    Amateur Radio Calls: K8PC