[TowerTalk] SINGLE OP 2 RADIOS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SINGLE OP 2 RADIOS
From: otterstad@inet.uni2.dk (Ragnar Otterstad)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:48:44 +0200
A UNIMEC switch would be perfect for this application. If you selectr a
latching version with 2 rectangular LEDs you get built-in light indication
of which radio is connected too.

Check out the home page of SOLICO in Hartford, CT

73  Rag  OZ8RO

:
: Sergio, I operate CW so when I use two radios I have ZERO microphones,
: hi...
:
: I use a very double pole single throw switch (DPST) to change the cw
keying
: line from one radio to another....if the switch handle is pointed at the
: left radio it is the left radio that is keyed...if the switch handle is
: pointed toward the right radio the right radio is keyed.
:
: This is perfect for CW - YOU CANNOT SEND ON TWO BANDS AT ONE TIME BECAUSE
: ONLY ONE RIG CAN BE KEYED AT A TIME!
:
: BUT......
:
: If I needed to one day do some SSB operation, I would use this same
switch
: to open and close the power for a multiple contact relay, and the mic
leads
: going to each rig could be selected that way....I would probably make the
: "run radio" be power off on the relay, and the multiplier "Search and
: Pounce" radio be the one the microphone would go to when the relay was
: energized.
:
: Jim, K4OJ