[TowerTalk] SINGLE OP 2 RADIOS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SINGLE OP 2 RADIOS
From: NI6W@yagistress.minden.nv.us (Kurt Andress)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 23:02:31 -0700
Sergio asks:
> i would appreciate if anyone who use 2 radios on single op category, send
me
> how they split the microfone, using just one heil-mic.
> I don't have problems with the phones, i can split then, but with the
mic,
> i had problems.

Sergio,
I built a single op 2 radio control box 10 years ago and it is still
working just fine. My box allows the op to throw a switch on the box to
determine which radio will be the main one (the running rig), when it is
time to work something on the other rig he just steps on a foot switch and
all keying or audio input goes to the second (spotting) rig.
My box was made to control a pair of TS930's, which require a separate
microphone ground. This ground was also switched by the box.
Check the mic grounding circuits for your situation, this may be where the
problem lies.
73, Kurt

YagiStress - The Ultimate Mechanical Design Software for Yagi's
Visit - http://freeyellow.com/members3/yagistress