[TowerTalk] 40 mtr Beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 mtr Beam
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 08:47:20 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Bill Hider, N3RR wrote:

> Go with the Cushcraft 40-2CD.  Its performance is exceptional.  The new
> production model has been beefed up mechanically and has a built in balun.  I
> have a stacked pair (134/67 feet).  They perform fabulously.  I operated with
> only one @ 134 feet for a year before I put up the other one...it worked very
> well alone.

I agree.  I just went from a stack of 402CD's to a full size 3 element.
This weekend I got my first chance to do A-B tests between one 402CD and
the 3 element with some South Americans.  I could tell very little
difference between the 3 element and the 402CD in signal strength of the
stations I worked.  There was a difference in noise and QRM.  The 3
element was superior.

But for the money, size, effort... the 402CD is the best antenna you will
ever buy.

73

Bill, W4AN