[TowerTalk] Loos

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Loos
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider, N3RR)
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 00:45:37 +0100
This post (below) is just not true.  I have a LOOS gague and have checked it
against a calibrated Western Electric and other commercial gague I borrowed
from a local tower erector company.  The LOOS gague is quite accurate.

I checked it on 5/16 EHS and 1/4 EHS.  I do not use Phyllistran.  You should
use it on the steel cable since Phyllistran does not behave like steel.  But
why anyone would think EHS is "stiff", I don't know.  There is no reading on
the LOOS with no tension on the guy.  Even if there were, since you know there
is no tension, why would you use a tension gague in the first place???  My LOOS
reads no tension if there is none anyway!

Bill, N3RR