[TowerTalk] Vines, guys and radials !

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vines, guys and radials !
From: dafouche@jax-inter.net (David Fouchey)
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 22:52:40 -0400
At 08:54 AM 8/9/98 -0500, Bob Perring wrote:

>At 00:16 8/9/98 , RICHARD L OWENS wrote:
>>
>>Come on you Georgian TowerTalkians!  Tell Jim about kudzu.
>>
>>Jim, it's a vine with very large leaves brought over from Japan, if I
>>remember correctly,

Japan it is...and they are welcome to take it back
>==============================================>
>I think it was imported from South Africa, but you're right, the intent
>was for cow fodder.

Brought in to stabalize road beds for highways and  railroads. Not one of
their swiftest moves. Theory was that cattle or goats could keep it in
check..surprise neither one willingly EATS the stuff.

>I recall seeing some jungles of it around Yazoo City, Mississippi that
>was just amazing back in the '70's when I travelled that area on
>regular business.

North Florida/Georgia/Coastal South Carolina...covers acres and acres,
completly over whelming buildings, power and telephone lines, radio towers
if you are not carefull.

>I remember thinking at the time............
>"Wonder how long it would take for that stuff to climb up a 100' radio
>tower?"

About 3 months...if you ignore it.

>N5RP

Dave