[TowerTalk] Antenna on I5JVA QSL CARD - Giovannini Elettromeccanica

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna on I5JVA QSL CARD - Giovannini Elettromeccanica
From: n4tg@tricon.net (Ralph H Young)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 08:30:50 -0400
I have one of the I5JVA QSL Cards (1988 7Mhz SSB) shown on ther first page
of the Giovannini Elettromeccanica Web site.

Quoting from the card: The antenna is listed as:

Model HF 7540/a Giovannini E. for 2 band 3.8 -  7 MHZ

Claimed specs:
3.8MHZ     3el  6.5DB forward gain, 15DB F/S, 10db F/B 24mtr boom length
7MHZ        5 el  9.5db forward gain, 40DB F/S , 20db F/B 24 mtr boom length

Full size in 7 end reduced size in 3.8
Two - gamma match
Power 1.2KW 3.8 - 4KW 7
Weight Kg. 370
Antenna on 30m. high TCA 30/mm Giovannini E. tower system with sliding
antenna - holder lift (maybe a "Super Hazer"?)

Looking at the picture you can see black traps towards the outside of the
1st, 3rd and 5th elements.

The card has a few interesting Italian/English translation anomolies - use
of the word "end" for "and" and a description of a "rotator with warm-screw
reduction".  Might get "warm" indeed turning a 3el 80/5el 40 beam.

Ralph
n4tg@tricon.net