[TowerTalk] THREADS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] THREADS
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 06:15:40 -0800

"w8ji.tom" wrote:

> 2.) The best antenna is always the antenna we like no matter how it >really
> works.

Hi Tom.
Your right on with this one.  Sometimes an antenna just "feels"
good.  On 80 meters I experimented with verticals, loops,
slopers, and finally put up a dipole about 80 feet in a tree.
That antenna makes me "feel" more competitive than any antenna I
have ever had on 80.  Of course, the tree is right on the
NorthEast side of a 450 hill which probably helps a lot. It is
the "best" antenna I've ever had on 80 meters.  73
Tom W7WHY