[TowerTalk] THREADS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] THREADS
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (w8ji.tom)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 10:52:36 -0500
Hi Stew,

> Looks like we now have a new recurring thread called "recurring
> threads"!  Actually I seem to learn something new with each go-round.

So do I! That's why I enjoy this reflector. It basically is a non-hostile
environment where people can learn things.

Among the major things I've learned that never dawned on me (and should
have) is:

1.) Low Inverted Vee Dipoles can be extra lossy. I only considered high
inverted Vees in my thoughts until I read the thread.

2.) The best antenna is always the antenna we like no matter how it really
works.

3.) Even experts have problems understanding the concepts of reflected
power and matching (no wonder Maxwell's book was misunderstood by Bruene).

IMHO, life is about learning and this is a wonderful tool. Thank goodness
it isn't like the Amp Reflector. Repeat threads are better than repeat
insults and assaults.

73 Tom