[TowerTalk] Attaching coax shield to the tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Attaching coax shield to the tower
From: jvilardo@voicenet.com (Joseph A Vilardo)
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 01:21:38 -0500
Bruce

Polyphaser has a kit as well for grounding the shield of the coax but I was
not pleased with the result.  If you are not extremely careful you can tork
the clamp on the coax to the point where you can compress and distort the
dielectric beneath the shield.  The end result for me was a bad mismatch to my

antenna and after titling the tower over several times to find out why I
couldn't get the SWR correct for the antenna I isolated the problem to the
grounding strap and removed it as well as the compressed section of coax.
Fortunately it was near the top of the run and I had extra at the bottom of
the tower.

I would appreciate it if you can give me more information on the ICE device,
like how do I reach them?? Would you have a phone number or a URL for ICE.

Thanks

Joe K3JV