[TowerTalk] Rohn 50G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 50G
From: notawc@juno.com (notawc@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 16:08:22 -0400

On Tue, 11 May 1999 18:05:42 -0500 "Matt Kolb" <nm9h@ctnet.net> writes:

> Does anyone out there have a spec page on Rohn 50G?  It was sold
> several
> years ago and my Rohn catalogs are not old enough.  I have tried
> Rohn and
> was promised information, but that has been several weeks ago.  The
> tower
> was used mostly commercially from what I have been told.  It has a
> 16" face
> width and .125 inch walls.  Any info would be appreciated.  Please
> email me
> direct.  Thanks!

Rohn did some custom designs that never made it into the catalog. Others
were via competitors that Rohn bought and immediately suppresed all info.
Any OT's remember KTV as just one example?

My local town used Rohn 30G.....if you never heard of it dont be
suprised. It was custom made for Motorola as part of a package to lock
municipal govt into a 100% Motorola dependence.
We got rid of all that hype and are damn happy with Kenwood, a new 45G
tower and better public safety coverage.

Cheers Norm...

> Matt Kolb NM9H
> nm9h@ctnet.net
>

> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]