[TowerTalk] best antennas at low height above ground

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] best antennas at low height above ground
From: pugluvers@worldnet.att.net (James Clark)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 22:51:06 -0400
Jim Clark   KB0FIR/5   pugluvers@worldnet.att.net

OK thanks for the tower help, folks, here's the next question.

Awaiting the city to give me a height for my building permit for the tower.
 Will be 35-55 feet.  If I have to stay this low, what's your experience
with the best DX antennas?  2-3-4 element quads, or are there good Yagis
that you've had luck with at less than ideal height (less than 70 feet).
Is the quad really better, or just what Bill Orr writes?

In the Dallas area, so ice can occasionally be a problem for the quad.
Your advice, please

73,   Jim  KB0FIR/5