[TowerTalk] Telrex 40 M Beam restoration

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Telrex 40 M Beam restoration
From: billwall@bellsouth.net (bill wall)
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 01:50:22 -0500
Hi all;
I have a Telrex 40M346 serial # 70402 and it has hollow tips. The boom broke
just at the splice joint. I am now repairing this. Tom is right about
element weight. The insulators through boom broke also. Why would they use
solid el. ends? The Balun is junk. It is easy to replace with a Palomar type
beam balun. Over the years I have rebuilt many of the Telrex and the old
Molsey beams. This antenna is for sell after repairing.

Bill  KC4UZ