[TowerTalk] 25G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 25G
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 06:11:57 -0600
You can *probably* get away with it.  Our club does this
very thing every year at Field Day with five 50 ft R25 towers,
rotor, and home made 2L single band Quads for 20 and 15M.
The towers are pre-assembled on the ground, then raised
on step ladders to attach the Quads to the mast. As the
tower is raised, a couple of guys walk the bottom in to the
wooden base (see below), keeping the lift rope vertical.
A 20 ft 1-1/4 inch mast is inserted inside the 2 inch Quad
mast to support 80M dipoles at 70 ft, above the quads.

We use a trailor mounted 30 ft crankup tower with an arm
and pulleys attached at the top and bottom to make a (2:1?)
mechanical advantage block and tackle to lift the preassembled
towers in place.  Guys are attached at the 40 ft level and
small mobile home screw anchors and pre-installed using
a giant rented power assist.  Three threaded rods are placed
through a large piece of wood to provide a flat base which is
prepositioned and used to measure anchor spacing prior to
tower erection.

Tom  N4KG

-----