[TowerTalk] Battle Creek Special

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Battle Creek Special
From: ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 19:27:27 -0300
Mark, et al

I personally used "THE" Battle Creek Special on Sable Island (CY0AA) in 1996
with my partners WA8JOC & K8LEE
We found it worked quite well indeed on 160m, making many EU and West Coast
QSO's.
We had trouble with it on 80m, (we probably were doing something wrong) but
it also worked well on 40m.
We had all the radials out over poor soil (100% sand) and were able to
easily get a good match on 1.835MHz

Of course this really doesn't answer all your questions, except that I can
tell you it works well.

73- Mike

Michael, Coreen & Corey Smith
(VE9AA,  VE9AAA & Baby)