[TowerTalk] 9913 Reliability

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 9913 Reliability
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 07:08:32 -0500
Stay away from 9913 in Florida.  I had a horrible experience with water
vaporization several years ago.  It is typical during a hot summer afternoon
in Florida for the air in the 9913 to rise above the outside ambient
temperature.  Then, as is customary in Florida, it rains every day between
3-4PM.  The rain rapidly cools and condenses the inside air, drawing-in
outside air moisture through the coaxial connections.  The result is
disastrous.  I have never been able to successfully and completely dry the
inside of 9913 after vaporization.

Instead, look to the Times Cable LMR-400.  Its loss characteristics are
essentially the same as 9913 without all the problems.  I use it exclusively
here in Florida.

-Paul, W9AC
Jacksonville, Florida