[TowerTalk] 10m-20m Antennas Above 150ft, P.S.-

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 10m-20m Antennas Above 150ft, P.S.-
From: ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:57:32 -0400
re: Yagis @ 150' etc.

I guess I forgot to mention that when these guys open and close a band, it
could be 1/2hr-1hr before you, the little tribander@ 48' even starts to hear
any workable DX, and the band has faded and they are still working guys
1/2hr-1hr after you.

For the contester this represents hundreds of QSO's over the run of a
weekend (not just 1 or 2)
For the DX-er, this means making it into the log early for that P5 or VP8G,
while the competition
is still waiting for the band to open.
For the 6m Dx-er this OFTEN means you'll get the opening, while others will
never hear a single thing.

Give me a 3el beam @ 150' versus a 5el beam @ 40' any day.

VE9 Antenna Antenna

Michael, Coreen & Corey Smith