[Towertalk] The Battle Creek Trapper

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] The Battle Creek Trapper
From: ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 21:07:04 -0300
Although I don't have the specific details of the BCS, I can attest that it
really puts out a FB signal !
We were fortunate enough to have the loan of it for CY0AA in 1996 thanks to
the very gracious owners.
We worked the band dry every night on Top Band in the very middle of the
summer at the low spot in the
solar cycle. Erecting the aluminum version it in the windy climes of Sable
and anchoring it in sand was an expereince in itself-HI!
Never heard tell of the wire version (sorry), but I would think you'd need a
pretty tall tree to hang it from.

Hearing that name brought back good memories of the antenna and the kind
fellows that loaned it to us.

We had a great time with it.

73 and have fun !

It's a keeper !