[Towertalk] Re: US Tower MA 550

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: US Tower MA 550
From: richard@karlquist.com (Richard Karlquist)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:18:57 -0700
I have an MA-550 and asked the president
of US Tower about the cabling issue.  He
says they will work with you over the
phone and explain the cabling.  He told
me that the MA-550 is just about obvious
in that if you watch how it disassembles,
it is easy to reassemble.  Another issue
is the pulleys.  Be sure to see if they
need replacement.  He said they will try
to sell you pulleys, but that many different
kinds have been used over the years, so
they may or may not be able to come up
with an exact replacement.

I can understand your negative reaction.
I felt the same way until the above discussion,
and now I feel like I know how to play the
game.  Unfortunately, there are not a
bunch of competing crank up tower vendors
anymore.

Hope that helps.  Just wanted to give
"the rest of the story".

Rick Karlquist    N6RK