[Towertalk] HDBX-48 Tower Install

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] HDBX-48 Tower Install
From: jlturner@mlgc.com (jlturner)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 01:01:00 -0500
Hello All,

I just picked up a Rohn HDBX 48 tower. I am planning on getting it put =
up this fall. What I am wondering is this. It has the tilt over base =
legs with it. I need the three cement anchors for them. The look to be 1 =
inch threaded rod. I am guessing it is a harded rod. Is it best to order =
them from Rohn or can the be made at the local fab shop? Also I am =
wondering the amount of concrete to use in the base. I have been doing a =
bit of looking and and seen 5+5+5 bases. I am wondering if this is ok or =
what the best design is. Also I am wondering how close it can be put to =
the foundation of my house? I do have a cement block type foundation =
with basement.=20

Any info would be a big help! This is my first tower installation. I =
have got by with trees in the past. HI

Thank you in advance.

Jon

multipart/alternative