[Towertalk] Re: Virus

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: Virus
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:47:42 EDT
I got a virus myself 3 weeks ago from a ham call sign, and I know of at least
one other ham who got one from my email shortly after, N2NEP.  I assume that
when the virus is downloading, it uploads one's email address id and sends it
out to a list captured from either towertalk or other related eham or
contesting.com list. Norton caught the virus but could not isolate it. I had
to take the machine to a repair center and have it purged out.  If you get
any file from a ham call with an attached file, I suggest to dump it-

73 Paul  N0AH