[Towertalk] Aircraft Cable

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Aircraft Cable
From: KI7WX@aol.com (KI7WX@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 11:43:59 -0400
K7LXC Says:

*******I think that's what the manufacturer says. I remember reading about a
destruct test on them (might be in the archives) that found that three was
the safest number.

In reference to a W0UN TT post from 1996
(see thread in the K1TTT archives)

*******The original swaging tool stuff is from Nicopress and about 20 years
ago I wrote them about using the oval sleeves in EHS 1x7 guy strand.
They said that the sleeves are designed to work with aircraft cable--where
one is enough, and that they would test them on 1x7 EHS for me.  A month
or so later they sent me the data.  It showed that one sleeve always failed
before the strand failed.  Two sleeves usually held and the strand failed
first, but they had one exception to that case--and to be absolutely sure
it took three sleeves.

Be fun to have the job of destruction testing .... ..

Mark
KI7WX