[Towertalk] Aircraft Cable

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Aircraft Cable
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (Jon Zaimes AA1K)
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 08:46:44 -0400
I have seen the swage tools for clamping down on Nicopress sleeves for
around $150-180 at marine supply centers such as Boat US and West Marine;
this for the large hand tool (looks like bolt cutter) or bench-mounted
model (easier to use). They also have a small unit for under $50 that you
clamp down with a couple of bolts. OK if you are doing just a few but labor
intensive.

I used Nicopress sleeves (four per cable end) on some older-style
Phillystran purchased back in '78. Still in service, on its fourth tower.

73/Jon AA1K