[Towertalk] Taping coax to booms

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Taping coax to booms
From: gjerning@flash.net (ARNE GJERNING)
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 11:48:06 -0600
I found a 3M product that I have used recently (last weekend) to help SECURE
coax to a boom.  I have used electrical tape for years but over time get a
few "flags".  My new procedure is about 2 wraps of electrical tape over
which I use 3M TEMFLEX 2155 about 3 wraps, then secure with a stainless hose
clamp.  The 3M TEMFLEX is 3/4" wide and a 22ft roll will cost under $2.00.
It does not have a good adhesive for use by itself, but with the hose clamp
it should never come loose.  The 3M TEMFLEX is used as a gasket under the
hose clamp so as not to cause damage to the coax.

I bought the 3M TEMFLEX at the local Home Depot.  Look for it near the other
3M tapes (near the 3M colored tape in the store).  Home Depot also has a
good selection of stainless steel hose clamps.  Other home goods stores my
have this as well. This can be used to run coax up tower legs as well.  Hope
this helps others.

73 de Arne N7KA