[Towertalk] Good old days(?)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Good old days(?)
From: k6uj@pacbell.net (Bob Harmon)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 01:32:37 -0700
I was chasing dx beginning back in the late 50's to today and actually find
just the opposite. Many more dx stations out there now. There has been
increasing activity with each successive sunspot cycle.  I guess this make
sense from an operator volume standpoint because there are many more
operators now.  One factor that may influence our thinking on this, at least
for me anyway, is that I have very fond memories of operating back "in the
good old days" and it seemed more vivid and exciting back then when I was
getting started in dxing.  It might seem like there was more dx than there
is now because they all were exciting and many "new ones".
My comment for Dave is to go ahead and proceed with your antenna plans.
Don't let this sunspot cycle pass you by !

73,
Bob,  K6UJ