[Towertalk] Hy-Gain Rotators

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Hy-Gain Rotators
From: k9rz@radiks.net (Bill Jackson)
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 08:00:52 -0600
I had a similar problem after a hasty rotor change out in the middle of
winter.  I had to go back up the tower and perform the now proven W7NI
procedure of loosening the hardware on the rotor mast clamp, the
mounting bolts to the rotor and the rotor mounting shelf itself.  Then
retighten everything in the following order: mast clamp u-bolts first,
rotor mounting bolts second, rotor mounting shelf u-bolts third, being
careful to tighten each set of hardware in equal increments.  This cured
the problem immediately.

I also heard from a local DX club member that he received a note from
Norm of Norm's Rotor Service that MFJ/Hy-Gain has asked him to do some
consulting work on improving the design flaws with the T2X rotor.
 Wouldn't it be great to have a fix for the sticky brake issue after all
these years!

73 de Bill