[TowerTalk] baloon supported wire verticals

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] baloon supported wire verticals
From: jerryc@clinchrivercorp.com (Jerry Connelly)
Date: Fri Apr 4 09:36:51 2003
After reading this and a little more thought.....has anyone tried
using two baloons with a dipole strung between them?  Use two
anchor lines on each baloon pulling away from the other baloon
in an X pattern.  Or that about an 80m or 160m loop using 4 or
more baloons (each anchored with 2 or more lines)??
I don't have modeling software experience so would anyone be willing
to model these at say 200 to 300 ft??
I am in an area where most large level areas are not on the mountain tops
or have clear views to the horizon.  The baloon method might make a
difference on our local club's field day results.
Any thoughts or comments??
Thanks in advance.
JerryC  KC8TES