[TowerTalk] Insurance Claims

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Insurance Claims
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com (Cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jul 5 07:00:40 2003
In a message dated 7/3/03 11:52:02 PM Greenwich Standard Time, Kc0kra@aol.com
writes:

> Dan is right about the adjusters. I submitted a claim one time for damage
> suffered. I looked over things and left a list of items and general prices.
> I had
> come up with about $600.00. I was not home when the adjuster came, but he
> looked at my list, checked things out for himself, and left me a nice note
> and a
> check for over $3,000.00. It just won't pay to tick off the adjuster, he can
>
> be your best friend on a claim.
>
>                      73   kc0kra
>                         Bing

I'm glad some have had positive experiences with their adjusters, I have not.
 Since Andrew came through many of us in Florida do not have a choice as to
who our insurance company is.  Unfortunately, mine is totally incompentent in
dealing with any sort of technical claims.

As a result of a massive lightning hit last summer, I had to replace a lot of
radio and computer equipment.  Of course I remembered to say please and thank
you during the course of the claim, but the experience was similar to having
a tooth pulled without a pain killer.  However, the experience lasted much
longer, four months.

Even though I submitted all my paper work properly and timely,  the claim
rep's ignorance about technical issues and her overall arrogance caused this
issue to drag on.  I'm not saying that the rep should know alot about ham radio
gear, but she couldn't even the computer part of the claim effectively.  There
was no excuse for the lack of cooperation, arrogance or non-returned phone
calls.  I hope I never have to file a hurricane claim with them...I'll be on
social security by the time it's settled.

Before GEICO pulled out of Florida in the mid-90s I received excellent
service from them.

Bill K4XS