[TowerTalk] ARRL and LOTW

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ARRL and LOTW
From: aa6yq@ambersoft.com (Dave Bernstein)
Date: Thu Aug 14 00:55:42 2003
Its certainly interesting to speculate. On one hand, ops will save
substantial time, money, and stomach lining by using LOTW (when its
finally working); the ARRL would be justified in seeking to recoup their
investment and operating costs by "recovering" some of the savings
experienced by users. On the other hand, the more ops that adopt LOTW,
the more money ARRL saves by shifting DXCC processing to a much more
efficient platform; ARRL could thus decide to accelerate LOTW adoption
by charging little or nothing.

We'll see...

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ