[TowerTalk] 75 and 160 m antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 75 and 160 m antenna
From: "R. Earle Sanders" <nt7y@xmission.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:33:39 -0700
   Due to a mishap on thanksgiving day my BCS project is now on the ground
bent and mangled.  I was in the final process of tuning the "beast" for
optimum performance on my favorite frequencies.  There is not time this
winter to start over and attempt to get it up in between storms.  I am
asking for advice on a commercial unit that I can assemble and get up
without all of the R & D.  Specifcall I would prefer a vertical.  I will be
using it on 160 and 75 only.  I have looked at some like the butternut hf2v
and the gap antennas and am not overly impressed.  I do not need antennas
for anything above 75M.  Any suggestions???   Also what are comments on a
top-loaded vertical called the unihat(75 and 160)?