Re: [TowerTalk] My New 40M Antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] My New 40M Antenna
From: Doug Renwick <VE5RA@sasktel.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:18:29 -0600
Instead of a pulley at the outside end of the tiller I use
a U bolt through which the tram rope can slide.  I find
the most important use of the tiller is to keep the elements
lined up in relation to the mast so that at the top of the
tower the elements will pass by the mast in the correct
position.
In order to keep the leading ends of the elements angled
upwards to pass over the guy wires I built some U clamp
(muffler clamp) brackets.  I welded an eye on the outside
of the saddle through which the tram pulley rope is tied.
A bracket is placed on the boom on either side of the
boom - mast plate and each is positioned to give the
required element angle.  Looks like a upside down V
hanging from the tram rope.

Doug

--
Doug Renwick VA5DX
PO Box 50, Clavet, Saskatchewan, Canada S0K 0Y0