Re: [TowerTalk] Underground PVC Tubing?

To: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Underground PVC Tubing?
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:06:42 -0400
At 09:58 AM 4/15/04, K4GMH wrote:
My control cables are 12/2 (with ground) or 14/3 (w/ ground) NM electrical cable - the stuff you get at Home Depot or Lowes. The control cables are terminated at the boxes.

I have a bunch of UFB -- the buriable type of Romex -- in my station, but recently I have discovered that cheap CAT3 network cable makes a perfectly adequate solution for switching things like Stackmatches and TopTen relay boxes. The current drawn by those relays is really tiny, rendering the voltage drop acceptable even on long runs. Rotators, or course, are another story. IO am also using DIN plugs and jacks in my bulkhead -- they are rated at an amp at over 100 volts, so there is a lot of headroom in a control application.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
is back, at www.pvrc.org/WCSD/WCSDsearch.htm