Re: [TowerTalk] LOG-PERIODIC RESULTS

To: "RCARIELLO" <RCARIELLO@si.rr.com>,"Towertalk" <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LOG-PERIODIC RESULTS
From: Dave NØRQ <n0rq-1@dfwair.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:27:38 -0500
I expect that will be a very nice setup, and will work nicely.
And I generally agree with "KISS"!

However, I'm either missing something, or at least a bit
perplexed at the tower selection, not the antenna selection.

An 89' HDX loaded as stated would seem (to me) to be
quite significantly overloaded.   It is rated at only 16 sqft
at 70mph.  Perhaps the plan is to have it cranked partway
down most of the time?  Seems to me that one of those
Florida hurricanes could easily ruin a nice antenna farm.
--
Dave NØRQ