Re: [TowerTalk] ICE lightning arrestor question

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ICE lightning arrestor question
From: Alan AB2OS <ab2os@att.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 22:43:02 -0400
Look here:

http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/ice/33.htm

According to the circuit diagram at the bottom of the page, the resistor is on the rig side, and the gas tube and inductor are on the antenna side.

Alan AB2OS

On 07/05/04 04:19 pm Dave NØRQ put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

I have an ICE model 302 (U) lightning arrestor, used for 2m,
and started having intermittent SWR swings.  I took the arrestor
out, as something to try first.  (I'm still not sure if that was the
issue or not.)

Anyway, I took the covers off to look inside, and now am not
sure which way to put it back together.  This is just a bit
embarrassing...  but I can't tell which is the "Rig" SO-239
and which one is for the "Antenna".

There is a picture of one about halfway down the page at
http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/thorshammer.htm
-- the first pic with the covers off.  Is the "Rig" side the one
with the bleeder resistor, or the one with the gas tube?
I have no other ICE coax protectors to compare it to.