Re: [TowerTalk] Slopers, half slopers, (using the tower)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Slopers, half slopers, (using the tower)
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:42:21 -0600
Roger,

I use two half slopers on 160M with the feed point at 100 ft and under a
number of yagis.  One slopes east and the other west and I do have gain
in the direction of the slope. More than two half slopers showed no
benefit here but you may have different results.

Doug

kk9a@arrl.net wrote:

Since the tower is part of the 1/2 sloper antenna system, the radiation is
more omni directional than a full sloper.  It's radiation pattern is similar
to an inverted "L".  I'm not sure if you can gain much by having 1/2 slopers
in different directions.

John