[TowerTalk] RADIAL WIRE, Aruba corrosion

To: K4PI@peoplepc.com, jimlux@earthlink.net, TOWERTALK@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [TowerTalk] RADIAL WIRE, Aruba corrosion
From: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 07:11:31 -0800
Mike describes the effects of the severe Aruba ocean atmosphere on an aluminum vertical over 2 years. I wonder if an initial assembly using thorough greasing of all joints with Noalox or equiv, and periodic touch ups could preserve the connection integrity for a significant period, or whether even then, the attack by the salty air is not significantly slowed.
73, DX, de Pat Barthelow AA6EG aa6eg@hotmail.com